Our service department is on-site and Joyce, our store owner is a BERNINA certified and trained technician with over 20 years of experience. Joyce is available for service and repair.
At the BERNINA Store, we want your sewing, embroidery, and/or serger machines to be in tip top working condition. We encourage you to have your machine serviced at least once a year.
When bringing your sewing machine in for service, Joyce asks that you bring the following with you:
- Bring the machine, foot control power cord, bobbin and bobbin case.
- Bring your 1 or 1C foot.
- Bring your Buttonhole foot (#3). If your machine came with an Automatic Buttonhole foot (the long black one), bring that one instead of the short one.
- If your machine came with a #40 foot bring it.
- If your machine has dual feed, bring the 1D.
- If you are bringing in the embroidery unit, bring the embroidery foot that came with your machine (#15 or #26) and the embroidery bobbin case with a bobbin loaded with your bobbin thread.
- If you are bringing in the embroidery unit, bring your large oval hoop. It is also helpful to us if you have a piece of fabric and stabilizer pre-hooped.
- Make sure the standard needle plate is on the machine.
- If your machine has issues, please bring in a sample.
- We do not need anything else, including the carrying case. We will send the any accessories not needed home with you.
When bringing in your serger for service, Joyce asks that you include the following items:
- Bring the machine, foot control and power cord.
- Bring your all purpose foot and stitch plate.
- Bring the machine with the cone silencers.
- If the machine has issues, please bring a sample.
- If the issue is the cover stitch or the chain stitch, I will need those plates and feet, along with a sample.
- We will send any accessories not needed home with you.