Our service department is on-site and Joyce, our store owner is a BERNINA certified and trained technician with over 20 years of experience. Joyce is available for service and repair.
At the BERNINA Store, we want your sewing, embroidery, and/or serger machines to be in tip top working condition. We encourage you to have your machine serviced at least once a year.
We service BERNINA as well as other makes of machines. When bringing your machine in for service, Joyce asks that you bring the following with you.
- Your machine, power cord, foot control, bobbin case and bobbin.
- #1 foot that came with your machine.
- #3 buttonhole foot, and/or automatic buttonhole foot that came with your machine.
- If you have a 1630, 180, 185, 200, 730, 830 or 820 bring the #40 foot that came with your machine.
- Your embroidery unit, embroidery foot and embroidery bobbin case if appropriate.
- The large embroidery hoop and grid.
- We recommend using metrosene plus thread. If you use another type of thread exclusively, please bring a spool of the thread in a contrasting color and a full bobbin wound with white thread.
- If you are having a problem of any type, please bring a sample.
- Although not required, it is a big help and time saver if you have a full bobbin wound with white metrosene plus and a piece of fabric and stabilizer in the hoop and ready to do a stitch out.
- Surge protectors….a MUST for all computer machines. 1000 joules is recommended protection.
- Please, Please DO NOT SEW OVER PINS!!!. You risk breaking a needle which could injury you and damage your machine. If you do break a needle, please be sure to find and remove all the pieces.
- Oil your machine and change the needle after every 3-4 hours of sewing. Oil your machine at least weekly. Please discard dull or damaged needles.
- In the event your fabric is pulled down into your throat plate and the machine jams, TURN OFF YOUR MACHINE and remove the needle from the needle bar. DO NOT USE THE HANDWHEEL to pry the needle out. This could affect the timing on your machine or damage the hook in the machine.
- Remember to remove the throat plate and clean the lint from the feed dogs and bobbin case area after each project. And please DO NOT USE canned air to clean out the hook area of your machine. Lint may fly up and damage the computer boards.
- Cleaning the computer screen, never use abrasives on your touch screen. Use a mild cleaning agent such as 409 sprayed onto a soft cloth. Never use acetone or mineral oil to clean your screen.